Employment OpportunitiesAll Opperman & Son, Inc. employment opportunities are listed below. All correspondence regarding open positions will come from an email address that includes our domain name. Please contact OppHR@oppermansales.com to verify third-party recruiters.
Why work at Opperman & Son?
Opperman & Son, Inc. is one of the leading used equipment dealers on the west coast. Our goal is to handle our customers’ needs full circle by selling new and used equipment; new and used parts; and service with our complete repair shop, R-stamp welding shop, and body shop departments.
We are in our fourth generation of family leadership, due to our commitment to integrity, quality, service, and customer satisfaction.
· **We offer competitive compensation, 401k plan, medical, dental, vision, life, holiday, sick, and vacation**
EOE and drug free workplace
Please email resume to OppHR@oppermansales.com or fax 1-707-431-2960
Current Employment Opportunities
$31.00 to $50.00 (Depending on experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Diesel Technician reports to the Service Manager. Primary responsibilities include diagnostics, repair, and maintenance of heavy-duty diesel trucks including but not limited to engine diagnostics, rebuilds, R&R, electrical schematics, computers, transmissions, differentials, clutches, pumps, brakes, hydraulics, air systems, lights, etc.:
Always enforce and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Diagnose mechanical problems; repairs and rebuilds.
- Review diagnosis with management and agree on repairs to be made.
- Communicate with management when repairs are needed beyond the original diagnosis.
- Maintain daily records of time spent on each piece of equipment using timecard and computer time log.
- Provide completed parts requisitions to parts counter personnel for all parts needed and used for all repairs.
- Removes, cleans, repairs, reinstalls and adjusts all vehicle components upon completion.
- Performs minor welding repairs.
- Maintain immediate shop area used to be clean and free from safety hazards.
- Replace all company tools used to the proper storage area.
- Other work-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Secondary Training or Education
- English language skills are required.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English languages is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years heavy duty diesel truck repair experience.
- Experience using various computer diagnostic programs and tools.
- Experience operating an oxy-acetylene torch and arc welder.
- Reading, writing, and math skills are required.
- PC diagnostic experience is required.
- Certification in Brakes, Lights, and A/C is preferred.
- Forklift Certification
- ASE or OEM certifications are desirable.
- Adhere to all safety rules, including the handling of hazardous materials.
- Must have your own toolbox and tools.
- Repeated walking, bending, stooping, crawling, balancing, kneeling, crouching, and use of stools and ladders.
- Ability to push, pull, carry, grasp, and lift up to 75-100 pounds.
- Work on feet (stand or walk) for the assigned work shift.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends, and acclimate to seasonal temperature changes.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, and airborne particles.
Opperman & Son, Inc. believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties and job scope, but not limit the individual, nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.